Thursday, January 8, 2015
December 13, 2014 Minutes
Sharie L. Jones and Maxene Harlow, Co-Presidents
The meeting was held at the Bartley Ranch School House and was called to order at 11:00 am.
The November minutes were approved by general consent.
Treasurer’s Report: Doris reported income of $150 from dues, $200 from the Celtic Fair in appreciation of our participation, $12 donation from a sweater sale, and $50 from spindle kits sold at the fair. Expenses include reservation of Davis Creek Park for next year. The treasury has $3987.67 with 53 members. Our liability insurance premium is coming due soon but it should be less than $450. Doris is accepting annual dues, $25 for the guild year beginning in January.
Library Report: Heidi reports nothing new. She would like a list of learning tree activities so she can bring items related to those for each meeting. There are lots of books and DVDs to borrow from the library. Contact her if you wish to check some out. The January learning tree will be the 2nd half of Judith McKenzie’s video about how to process a fleece. It should take about an hour.
1. Nancy Pryor emailed Stephenie Gaustad and Sara Lamb regarding providing workshops for next year. She hasn’t received a reply yet. Donna, a museum curator, may be able to give us a workshop on Native American fibers used in Nevada.
1. Guild elections were held today with the following results: President, Hannah Woods; Vice President, Virva Porcelli; Secretary, Jo Van Winkle. Doris will stay on as Treasurer, Heidi will remain Keeper of the Books, and Mim will continue with the website.
2. The Nevada State Fair has contacted the guild for input on the fair program. We need a liaison with the fair people. Nancy Pryor volunteered for that job. The fair will be at Fuji Park in Carson City, July 30-August 2, 2015.
3. Virva asked the members where they would like our August 2015 to be, at Anna Harvey’s or at the Arboretum.
4. Doris reported the next Black Sheep Gathering is June 19-21, 2015 in Eugene Oregon.
After Show and Tell, the Holiday Potluck, the ornament and recipe exchange, the meeting was adjourned.
In Attendance: Marilyn Pearson, Hannah Woods, Sharie L Jones, Maxene Harlow, Virva Porcelli, Janet Schueller, Carolyn Thompson, Sandi Steele, Connie Vann, Heidi L. Ericson, Myna Giannotti, Ashley Thibedeau, Janet Drozd, Eileen Jacobs, Toni Strassburg, Laurel Ballou, Doris Woloszyn, Marilynn Clarke, Margery McConaghy, Jo Van Winkle, Mimi Bullard, and Nancy Pryor.