Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Sharie L. Jones and Maxene Harlow, Co-Presidents
The meeting was held at Mim’s ranch and was called to order at 11:36 am. Sharie was welcomed back after hip surgery.
The June minutes were approved by general consent.
Treasurer’s Report: Doris reported the guild received $50 from the sale of the donated floor loom. The guild has $3762.37 with 50 members.
Library Report: Heidi reported the equipment list and dates of upcoming events are now on our website. Max bought a copy of “Field Guide to Fleece” at the Black Sheep Gathering for our guild, $14.95.
1. Max got 2 blue ribbons for her hat and Baby Surprise entry at Black Sheep. Doris had wonderful experiences, ask her all about it! Her entries did very well too. Myna and Ashley went to Black Sheep also and enjoyed themselves so much they’re planning on going again next year.
2. Mim reported there might be a need for spinners to demo at Bower’s Mansion on July 26th for the Nevada 150th anniversary. More info to come.
3. Our next meeting is at Anna Harvey’s in California. Mim will put directions to her house on the website. Call Anna at 916-217-8220 or 530-994-3617 to sign up for classes or if you’d like a booth ($25) to sell items. Check out anna.got.wool.com for the class schedule. We won’t have a formal meeting that day but plan to gather together before lunch.
4. Virva is going to Gold Discovery Days. Contact her if you plan to go too.
5. Amy said CSSW will just do demos at the Nevada 150th Anniversary fair July 30-August 3. She hasn’t heard back any details from them. She is discouraged that there hasn’t been any advertising.
6. Sharie will go to the Nevada County Fair in Grass Valley to demo spinning, etc.
7. Sharon Campbell likes the Plumas Sierra County Fair in Quincy August 13-17.
1. Doris met a mother daughter business, Spinja Fiber Arts, recently and thought the guild might like to invite them to our September retreat and bring a truck show.
2. Max asked members to start thinking about a Learning Tree for the retreat and email ideas to Mim. There was discussion about felting and rigid heddle loom weaving.
After Show and Tell, the meeting was adjourned at 2:21
In attendance: Marilyn Pearson, Miriam Volpin, Robin Gallagher, Mimi Bullard, Jo Van Winkle, Margery McConaghy, Hanna Woods, Doris Woloszyn, Eileen Jacobs, Nancy Pryor, Marilynn Clarke, Virva Porcelli, Heidi Erickson, Sara Freitag, Bev Perkins, Sharie L. Jones, Maxine Boulin, Susan Palwick, Sharon Campbell, Sheila Young, Shelley Neate, Myna Giannotti, Ashley Thibedeau, Heather Christian, Rowan Christian, Mary B.
Our next meeting will be at Anna Harveys in Calpine Ca.
Driving Directions from Reno
Take 395 North to Highway 70 exit. Pass through Beckwourth and take County Road A23 for 11.5 miles our driveway is on the right. Take dirt road 2.5 miles towards the trees. We are the only ones out here.